Wow. It’s been a month since I posted. In that time, I led a Shabbat event about global hunger, finished that enlightening cleanse, sat in on my first farmers market board meeting, interviewed for an article on farmers markets in a major progressive publication, and–just yesterday–put on a brunch fundraiser with locally-sourced foods.
I have a lot of catching up to do! For now, though, I’ll just say THANK YOU to the 18 folks who came out to the brunch, and the others who gave remotely (I owe you guys apple-cinnamon pancakes!). …And I’ll tell you that my donation thermometer is bubbling with happiness about my reaching 100+ percent of my goal. …And I’ll post the menu to the brunch.
Thanks again, everyone!
Black River Café Brunch
Twin Springs Farm potatoes and onions
- Mixed Berry-Chocolate Chip (Many Hands Organic Farm raspberries, Frog Eye Farm blueberries)
- Apple-cinnamon (Twin Springs apples)
- Strawberry-Banana (Virginia strawberries) – gluten/dairy-free available
Local veggies and Smith Meadows eggs
- Summer Squash-Chard-Cheddar
- Spring Onion-Asparagus-Arugula
Yogurt and Fruit
Keswick Creamery yogurt, local fruit, bananas, local honey
Orange Juice Mimosas
Coffee (fair trade and organic, with grass-fed cow milk)